This policy was last modified on March 01, 2019.
Who We Are
Theos Academy is a global ministry with a mission to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable and accessible to all.
We have several different websites and mobile applications. In this policy, we use terms that are easy to read. For example, whenever we refer to “our websites,” we are referring to:
These Theos Academy Ministries websites
When we refer to “Theos,” “us,” “we,” or “our,” in this policy, we are referring to our websites that are owned and operated by Theos Academy. You can use our websites either by as an unregistered user or a registered user, which we collectively will call “visitors.”
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
When using our websites, if you would like to access some features of our websites, for example creating a journal entry or commenting, you have to create an account. If you choose to create an account, you will need to share certain information, such as name, email and country.
We collect information from you in several different ways on our websites. Our goal in collecting this information is to provide you an efficient, meaningful, and customized experience. We may collect personal information, including IP address, if you visit our websites, if you make a donation, purchase or other transaction involving a payment from you to us on our websites. Some examples of when we ask for and collect your personal information include:
- When creating an account on our websites. When creating an account you will provide your name, e-mail and/or mailing address and may also elect to provide preference and interest-based information. This allows us to send you updates, contact you regarding announcements, system updates, new ministry products and offerings, and other information.
- Contact Us. We use Contact Us forms located on various areas of our websites to allow you to contact us directly with any questions, comments, or requests you may have. This information is used to respond to your questions, comments, and requests.
- Email Registration. You have the opportunity to receive regular emails while visiting our websites. When signing up for email you may be asked to provide certain details, such as email address, name, country, and preferences. Information provided will be used to deliver email to you, personalize your experience and to improve and enhance what we offer. We only send emails to users that have opted-in to receive our mailings. If at one time you signed up for email but no longer wish to be a part of that email list, you may unsubscribe at anytime by clicking Unsubscribe within the email.
- Mobile Apps. We offer various apps for mobile devices, including phone and tablets. Full access to all the features within the applications (including commenting, journaling, and bookmarks), will require the creation of an account.
- Polls and Surveys. Sometimes we may invite you to participate in polls and surveys. You are not obligated to respond to polls or surveys, and you have choices about the information you provide.
- Contests and Giveaways. Occasionally we may offer opportunities to enter a contest or participate in a giveaway. You are not obligated to enter any contests or giveaways, but if you choose to, you will be required to provide certain information about yourself, such as name, address and email.
- Website Comments. We encourage healthy community discussion on our websites. You do not have to participate in these discussions and if you choose to, you will be required to provide certain details, such as name, email and nickname to comment. Any information that is posted to comments or community sections of our websites will be seen by anyone visiting our websites.
When you provide us with personal information, we use it to deliver product or services, for example shipping an order, analyze and monitor visitor activity, provide awareness and opportunities for you to engage with additional ministry content, services or the like, help plan the future development of our websites.
To deliver the products or services you requested, we may disclose this information to any of our global Our Daily Bread Ministries offices and affiliates.
Providing Your Personal Data to Others
To allow us to provide the features and functionalities necessary to run our websites, we work with several third party companies. Some of those companies and what we use them for are:
- Google Analytics: General usage statistics on our websites, for example, how long you spend on a specific website and where you came from.
- IBM Watson Campaign Automation: To manage our email program, for example, sending the daily Our Daily Bread emails to our email subscribers.
- WordPress: Delivers the experience you see and interact with on our websites, for example information from registered users on our websites is stored in WordPress.
- Stripe: Delivers the experience when you make a financial transaction, for example a donation, on most of our websites.
- Shopify Another tool we use to deliver our website experience when you make a financial transaction, for example a donation, on some of our websites.
- CrazyEgg: General usage statistics used to help identify areas of the site that are most used, not used, and how to make our websites easier to use to spend time in God’s Word.
- Unbounce: A website testing tool that allows us to test multiple ideas at the same time to select number of visitors. For example, we may want to test a different button color to a small group of visitors and see how it performs before having all visitors use it.
- State and Federal Agencies: We may also need to furnish donor information to state or federal agencies in accordance with applicable statutes.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You are entitled to view or delete any personal information we have. If this is something you would like to do, we would be happy to accommodate. Please send an email letting us know at: email@example.com.
If you choose to close your account or ask that we modify or delete some or all of your personal information, we will retain your personal data if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations (including law enforcement requests), meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, maintain security, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our Terms and Conditions or fulfill any others requests from you (for example, to opt-out of further messages or for a copy of your data).
Security and Technical Issues
Links to Other Sites
Our websites are intended for people who are 18 years of age or older. If you are not 18 years of age or older, we ask that you please do not submit any personal information to us. We do not knowingly collect personal identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we will be able to do the necessary actions.
Changes to this Policy
Terms and Conditions of Use
If you are using our websites from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and shared database is operated. We process data both inside and outside of the United States and rely on legally-provided mechanisms to lawfully transfer data across borders.