The Holy Spirit is Our Comforter
He brings peace in the midst of storms. He is our encourager and comforter when we are hurting and discouraged. Sometimes the only place we can go is to the Spirit of Jesus–the Holy Spirit who give us peace and comfort. (John 14:16-17; and 16:7). (Ephesians 2:14; and Philippians 4:7).
God Promised to leave us the holy spirit as our comforter. To protect us and to guide us in the truth. In the midst of all the distractions of this world, the Holy Spirit reminds us that we belong to God and it is God everlasting covering over all of his children. God gives us the Holy Spirit to let us know that we are never alone. No matter where you go and how difficult the trials we face, all we must do is remember to call upon God. The Holy Spirit never leaves us, but it is with us every second of every day.
Today we are praying to God for God’s Holy Spirit to engulf every area of our lives to take charge of all the problems and pains that we are facing right now.
5 Scriptures about the Holy Spirit
1. Genesis 1:1-2, “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.”
2. John 16:7, “Nevertheless, I tell you the truth: it is to your advantage that I go away, for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you. But if I go, I will send him to you.”
3. Acts 2:1-4, “When the day of Pentecost arrived, they were all together in one place. And suddenly there came from heaven a sound like a mighty rushing wind, and it filled the entire house where they were sitting. And divided tongues as of fire appeared to them and rested on each one of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit gave them utterance.”
4. Galatians 5:22, 23, 25; “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit.”
5. Revelation 2:7, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”
A Prayer to the Holy Spirit
God, I praise you because you are holy, and I thank you for dwelling in my heart. Thank you for working in my life. You guided me into salvation, renewed my spirit, and you opened my eyes to the Truth. Thank you. Help me to see you more clearly – to recognize your movement in my life. God help me feel your Holy Ghost power more clearly in my life. Help me to see the ways you are working in my life, not with my natural eyes, but with the eyes of your spirit. Send your Holy Ghost power in my life God. Please rule and super-rule every aspect of my being, of my finances, of my health, of my relationships.
Make me more sensitive to you so I can follow you more closely. Still, I know that I am selfish and rebellious. I need you to help me be obedient when I recognize your leading. I need you. I ask you for your help and comfort today. You know my pain and anxieties very well. Thank you for praying over me. Help me to rest in your comfort today. Help me to walk in you, the Spirit of God.
Grow good fruit in my life. You are the one who produces these in me: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. I cannot live out these things on my own; I need you.
Enjoy Sermon and please leave a praise comment below.