The Bible is full of God’s promises and reminders that He is faithful. Let this powerful list of God’s promises teach you more about His incredible character. Reflect on this rich collection of promise quotes to help you in whatever you’re facing today. Take encouragement from the truth that God is with you.
“Father, there are so many times I forget to ask for what I truly need, and wisdom is on top of the list. I’m so grateful for this Scripture and the promise it holds. Thank you for being so generous and willing to give me the wisdom I need in my everyday circumstances. God, I want to live by the promises and principles in your Word—not by the world’s standards. Teach me to boldly ask for wisdom daily so I can navigate life according to your will and for your glory. I ask this in Jesus’ precious name. Amen.”
Bible promises about God’s goodness
When things get tough, it can be easy to focus on ourselves and our difficulties. Read these Bible promises about who God is and let them lift your eyes away from your own situation to the God who is infinitely good.
- Psalm 145:9 The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made.
- 1 Chronicles 16:34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
- Psalm 100:5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.
- James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
- 2 Samuel 7:28 Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant.
- Psalm 19:7 The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
- Psalm 34:8 Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.
- Nahum 1:7 The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him.
- Psalm 84:11 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favour and honour; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless.